Friday, October 27, 2006

So, how many days to spring?

In my heart is endless summer.

As in, I can't believe it's already gotten this cold! Where did my beautiful summer weather go? How did winter sneak up on me this way? It's rotten and I'm not standing for it!

Kira and AGK both have pictures up about snow and I have to say, I only shudder to look at them. I heard yesterday that a nearby town, only a little higher up in the hills than we are, had two inches of snow overnight.

Right now, it is 44F here. Yesterday, I swear, it was colder. Arielle's preschool had a field trip to a local farm, where everyone got to pick out pumpkins, take a hayride, pet the cute and fuzzy animals, and spend lots of time standing around, freezing to death.

Naturally the kids didn't notice. They were too busy running around, like the small crazy people they are, to feel cold. Although, no one argued with me about keeping coats on, so they noticed the chill in the air at least that much. The husband (who was able to come with us, yay!) went home and crawled into bed for the rest of the day, however, because his arthritis was acting up so badly after all that time in the cold. And I dragged the rest of the day. (Although I wasn't cold, because the husband turned the thermostat up to hock-the-children-to-pay-the-heat-bill, which left the rest of us frantically tearing off our clothes and shaving our heads in a fruitless attempt to cool off.

I have costumes for three kids to sew today, because I've been putting it off. We have a church Halloween activity tonight, Trunk or Treat, where all the kids come and trick or treat through the parking lot. And I was insane enough to think I should make two fairy princess costumes from scratch, down to the wings and the wands. I need to hire someone to follow me around and smack me every time I get these stupid WonderMom notions.

No comments: