Friday, December 29, 2006

... and a Happy New Year!

Good news! I have a chance to do some copywriting over the next few months. Since I've been interested in this field, I'm pretty excited at the opportunity. I just have to make sure I actually do a good job ...

Christmas was full of excitement. For once, the husband actually got me what I asked for. I accomplished this by tearing out of the ad pages the pictures of the specific items I wanted. It worked! Between him and the girls I got several things that I really wanted.

The girls got lots of books, and several movies. Santa brought hobby horses for the girls (pink! their favorite color! as I am told over and over and over again every day) and they also got a big cardboard trunk of dressup clothes from a family member. The day after Christmas Arielle galloped up on her hobby horse, wearing fairy wings and a tutu. She was, she told me, a "fairy princess ballerina cowgirl!"

Christmas evening, as I was looking over year end sales on the internet, I said the husband, "This year, since things have picked up financially, I think I would like to get some new towels, nice ones, that are color coordinated." (Our old ones were very old and every different size and color imaginable.)

He said, "Oh no!" and ran out of the house. I started laughing; it was obvious what had happened. He came back in, carrying three big shopping bags, overflowing with towels! They were his gift to the family, two new towels for everyone and a full set of fancy guest towels as well. So I have been having fun using my new fluffy, soft towel every day, and having plenty of old towels to use as rags whenever I want.

If I get this copywriting job, it'll make life even easier. We'll put it all straight into savings, I'm thinking, and build that back up from the depredations we've made on it the last few years. I can't see us ever getting back up to where we were, but anything we do will be better than where we are now. Wow - enough money to buy new clothes and put some in savings! I am feeling so rich!

No comments: