Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just call me Typhoid Jennifer

Aaarrrggghhhh!! It is three a.m. I am up, writing this, because I am waiting for my youngest to go back to sleep. She woke me up an hour and a half ago, sobbing next to my bed. I'm not sure why she was up - she was too upset to give me a straight answer - but by the time I got her calmed down and ready to go back to sleep, she had to use the toilet. Which is when she had a massive diarrhea attack.

The entire family has been sick for over a week now. First it was the vomiting and fever. Then, when we were almost over that, my oldest came down with such a bad sore throat that I was certain it must be strep. Off we go to the doctor, who assured us that it was just a virus - the first handshake, we learned, of The Killer Cold From Outer Space. And, then yesterday, my stepson got sick with, yep, diarrhea, and now that is getting ready to make its rounds through the family.

It's enough to make a woman paranoid! Three illnesses in 10 days?!

That's it. I'm going to start buying Lysol by the gallon and gel disinfectant by the train load. We are not going through a fourth round of this. Health, shmealth. I have to get everyone back to school and work before I go crazy and run screaming through the streets!

No comments: