Thursday, April 27, 2006

Lookit what I did!

Okay, Kira and Mia! How about some pictures to show you what I've been doing?

This is Arielle's and Gabrielle's room. It is a light yellow, which looked much more lemony when it was wet, which caused a certain amount of consternation in the husband. But, it looks great now, and the Disney princess wall stickups look very good in there. The husband, when I got it all done, said it was the ultimate little girls' room. *smug grin*

This is Michael's room. There will be a chair rail going up at the top of the blue, one of these days, when the husband finally gets around to it. I did this finish with a kitchen sponge. I didn't mean it turn out this way, but when I started playing around and realized the sponge was doing this great stripy thing, I went with it. I think it looks great and Michael has indicated it is not bad. It might even be acceptable!

This is a corner of the dining room. I painted the living room and dining room a light green, kind of spring feeling, I think. At first the husband called it baby-diaper green, but when it dried he admitted it looked pretty good. *buff nails* I just have to figure out, now, what color to paint that almond colored wall you see in the picture. Any suggestions?

The next step (after we finishing unpacking the legion of boxes in the garage) is to paint all the doors and trimwork high gloss white (already done, in Michael's room.) That's all the trimwork, all over the house. I'm excited to get it done!

No comments: